Enjoying Halloween while on a healthy diet is all about balance and adaptation. You can either enjoy your favourite treats and throw guilt to the wind because you deserve them, or you can find ways to make your favourite treats healthier. If you've been pining over Starbucks' viral zombie Frappuccino, pine no longer, because there's a healthy, vegan alternative that will allow you to have your brains and sip them too.
Soak cashews for 3 hours prior to making the smoothie.
- For the smoothie:
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (this recipe uses STRIPPD Vegan Lean Protein Powder)
- 480ml of unsweetened almond milk
- 45g of baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 frozen banana
- For the whipped cream:
- 30g of raw cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours prior)
- 40ml of water
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of Ashwagandha powder
- 1/4 tbsp of beetroot powder
- Place all your smoothie ingredients into a blender and blast on high until smooth and creamy.
- Place your mix in the fridge to keep chilled while you focus on the whipped cream.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a blender and add the water.
- Blitz on high power until you have a smooth consistency with no cashew pieces, then add your beetroot, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Finally, add the Ashwagandha powder and continue to blend until your "whipped cream" thickens.
- Place your fresh dairy-free whipped cream in the fridge to set.
- After taking your smoothie mixture out of the fridge and pouring it into jars, mix 1/4 of a teaspoon of beetroot powder with water and spread on top of the smoothie for extra gore.
- Use a piping bag to spread the whipped cream on top of your smoothie using a star nozzle to make it look like a brain, and enjoy!