"Remember that line in Legally Blonde — 'Exercise makes you happy, and happy people don't shoot their husbands'? There's truth to it!" Hilaria Baldwin, author, yogi, fitness guru, and mum to three (all under three!), giggled about how fitness is one of her releases from the stresses of a nonstop everyday life.
If you're feeling stressed, anxious, unhappy, or just plain bad, exercise can often be the answer. Hilaria's secret? "Being happy is all about improving your circulation." When she needs to channel joy, she told POPSUGAR, "going through one of the [yoga] flows will make you happy." She added, "If I'm feeling sad, and I go for a 20- to 30-minute run, I'm going to feel better." It doesn't take a lot of time, but it does have a major impact. "Nobody ever says, 'I'm so sad I went to go work out.' They say, 'I did it!'"
To get the blood flowing and increase your circulation, we've rounded up some quick things you can do right now — at your desk, in your bedroom or living room, or even outside on the go . . . all in under three minutes. Everyone has time for that! Get up, get moving, and get happy.
- Go through a Vinyasa Flow a few times
- Try squat hops for one to two minutes
- Run in place or take a lap around your house, building, or block
- Jump around with a 180 jump
- Curtsy lunge for one minute
- Do a Sun Salutation
- Build up to a burpee and do 10 froggers
- Stand up and try a variation of high-knees called knees-and-toes
- Work on your blood flow with this simple yoga pose
- Try a three-minute cardio workout
- Do some super quick bicycle crunches for circulation
- Dance for three minutes to a fun dance cardio video