If you love Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Ice Cream but don't love that a serving is 200 calories, get out your food processor, a spoon, and a smile. This homemade ice cream is chock-full of cherry and chocolate goodness but without saturated fat and cholesterol.
Made with just four ingredients — fresh cherries, a banana, almond milk, and chocolate chips — this creamy recipe couldn't be easier to whip up. And the flavour? Holy sweet cherry ecstasy! Seriously. You can see the fruitiness just bursting out of the bowl.
And because it's made with fresh cherries, you get the antioxidant benefits, the filling fibre, and the potassium you wouldn't get with a bowl of ice cream. But really, it's the creamy texture and luscious flavour that make this recipe a winner — all for just 126 calories per lip-smacking serving.
If you put the ingredients in the freezer the night before, this recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make!
- 450 grams cherries, fresh
120ml unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- Wash and dry the cherries, and remove all the pits. Place in a freezer bag or glass container, and freeze for at least three hours. If you don't have the time, you can use frozen cherries.
- Peel a banana, and place half in the freezer.
- Pour 60ml of the almond milk into ice cube trays (save the other 60ml), and freeze those as well, for at least three hours.
- Place the frozen cherries, half a frozen banana, the almond-milk ice cubes, and 60ml almond milk in a food processor, and process until completely smooth, several minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and enjoy immediately!
Source: Calorie Count
- 3 half-cup servings
- Total Time
- 3 hours, 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving
- 126 calories