I'm finally going to say it: everything tastes a little better coming out of a mason jar. Whether it's overnight oats or a beautifully layered salad, these glass jars are the perfect vessel to show off your recipe and carry it on the go. If you agree, you'll love this mason jar soup from Gwyneth Paltrow's website, Goop. Low in calories and packed with flavour, this vegetarian recipe has a blend of produce, carbs, and protein that will fill you up with quality nutrition and keep you full until dinner rolls around. If you can never remember to pack your lunch in advance, this is the recipe for you. Triple the ingredients and pack them up in three separate mason jars; lunch is made for most of the week! All you have to do is add hot water when you're ready to enjoy.
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
6 tablespoons quinoa, cooked
1 small courgette, roughly grated or spiralised
170 grams tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or thyme
Generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes or cayenne
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 small handful basil leaves
4 chopped olives or sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
60 to 120 ml water (depending on how thick you want the soup)
- Combine all ingredients except water in a heatproof jar, making sure to add basil leaves last so they are on top. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, boil water and remove the basil leaves from the jar.
- Add water to the jar, leaving a half-inch gap at the top.
- Stir, cover, and let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir again, tear the basil leaves and add to the jar, and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 1 soup
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving