If getting a leaner belly is one of your goals, press play and do this Jillian Michaels workout. Although you can't spot reduce fat from your tummy, Jillian told POPSUGAR that you can reduce your overall body fat percentage and that will reveal a slimmer belly.
"Exercising is one way to reduce body fat. You'll want to condition the muscles under the fat so when you lose that top layer, your tummy is toned," Jillian explained. She recommends focusing on functional exercises that work multiple muscle groups like mountain climbers and planks, and this belly fat workout designed by Jillian that comes from her new app, My Fitness by Jillian Michaels, has both!
Want more? Here's another belly fat circuit workout from Jillian Michaels you can do.
Jillian Michaels Belly Fat Workout Circuit 2
Equipment needed: none
Directions: After warming up for five minutes, repeat this circuit workout twice. For the lift plank, do the left side the first time through, then the right side on the second round. At the end, do this five-minute stretching routine.
|Lift Plank||25 seconds|
|Bicycle Crunches||25 seconds|
|Inch Worms||25 seconds|
|Squirm Crunches||25 seconds|
|Mountain Climbers||25 seconds)|
- Starting in a plank position, bring the left knee up to the tricep and hold, lower the knee down to the wrist, then raise it back up to the tricep.
- Bring the leg back to plank position.
- This completes one rep. Keep going for 25 seconds.
- When repeating this circuit, perform this exercise on the right side.
- Lie on your back with the knees bent and feet lifted off the floor.
- Place your fingertips behind your head, with your elbows open wide, and being mindful not to pull on your head. Keep your chin off your chest and your eyes on the ceiling.
- Bring the right elbow toward the left knee. Switch and bring the left elbow to the right knee. Continue bicycling the knees for 25 seconds.
- Begin standing, bend forward and tiptoe your hands all the way out into an extended position.
- Tiptoe your feet all the way back to the hands. Make sure to keep your legs and arms as straight as possible so your core is doing most of the work.
- Do as many inchworms as you can in 25 seconds.
- Lie face up with your arms extended at your sides and off the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulder blades up as you reach your left hand toward the inside of your left ankle.
- Then switch to the other side, reaching your right hand toward the right ankle.
- Move side to side for 25 seconds.
- Get in plank position.
- Bring the right knee up toward the chest, tapping the foot on the ground.
- Jump and switch so the left knee moves toward the chest and the toes tap the floor.
- Continue running in place, popping off the balls of the feet, for a total of 25 seconds.