- 3 tablespoons olive oil
115 grams chopped onion
65 grams chopped carrot
55 grams chopped celery
200 grams cubed peeled potato
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
480 mL organic vegetable broth
260 grams chopped kale (about 1/2 bunch)
1 tin no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large pot oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan.
2. Add garlic, onion, carrot, potato, and celery and sauté for 7 minutes or until tender.
3. Toss in salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in 4 cups vegetable broth and kale. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Place drained black beans into the pot. Bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir in vinegar. Serve up in a bowl and add a bit of shaved Parmesan cheese on top!