Let's be honest: no one want to work out ALL the time. Okay, maybe some of you do (seriously, go you!), but for the vast majority of us, we all have days where we don't even want to get out of bed. Whether you're sick, sore, feeling lazy, in need of a rest day, or just incredibly unmotivated, finding the energy and will-power to work out can be tough.
Related: Lazy-Girl Fitness Tips
When it's a battle of your will versus your fatigue, try some of these activities. They require little-to-no effort, and have an intensity level that rivals a round of croquet with your grandparents — but they're actually effective at burning fat and getting strong. What to do when you really, REALLY don't want to work out? Try these ideas:
- LISS cardio. Did you know going for a walk counts as cardio? Try any of these low-intensity exercise ideas.
- Walk it out . . . with hills. Turn up the hills on the treadmill and just go for a steady walk. It's only 20 minutes!
- Try walking intervals. Adjust your incline and speed for 45 minutes.
- Sick-day exercises. Low impact, low effort, surprisingly relaxing (if you're actually sick, try this yoga sequence).
- Hit the elliptical. It's like walking, but it burns more calories.
- Maybe don't even get out of bed. These stretches are perfect for days when you just want to stream TV shows and movies (and chill).
- Try this no-sweat workout. Lengthen and lean, tighten and tone without breaking a sweat.
- Stay sitting. This seated arm workout is a lazy-day dream.
- Don't even leave the ground. This entire workout is on the mat, on the floor. You literally don't even need to get up.
- Only do 10 minutes. This quiet workout makes calories wish they had never been born! And anyone can do 10 minutes, right?
- Just do some stretching before bed. It's soothing, calming, and you won't even realise you're working out.