Feeling like you're ready for Summer weather to arrive already? Here's a summery-tasting, refreshing snack you can whip up in under 20 minutes.
These lemon protein balls are made with just five ingredients: raw almonds, vanilla protein powder, juicy dates, lemon juice, and unsweetened coconut. How simple is that?
Related: 7 Protein Ball Recipes
These soft and naturally sweet balls of lemony goodness are just 49 calories apiece. So when you snack on three, you'll be getting 3.3 grams of fibre and over seven grams of protein.
Make up a batch to store in the fridge to nosh on for a quick bite or to cure your insatiable sweet tooth. These are too good not to make!
- 165 grams raw almonds
- 170 grams Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein; 41 g)
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 25 grams unsweetened shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Place almonds and protein powder in a food processor and process until a powder forms.
- Add dates and lemon juice, and process until dough forms.
- Roll into balls, then roll each into the shredded coconut.
- For a firmer consistency, store balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count
- 24 balls
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving