Craving a chewy, chocolaty brownie, are you? These no-bake treats not only spare you having to turn on the oven during a hot and humid day, but this sugar-, gluten-, and dairy-free recipe is just 59 calories per fudgy bite. As a bonus, each bite offers almost two grams of protein and fiber.
Just throw everything into your food processor, press into a pan, pop in the fridge to firm, and within an hour you'll be biting into these decadent, delicious brownies. And yes, they do taste divine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 185 grams rolled oats
130 grams raw cashews
8 dates, pitted
40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ripe banana
65 grams applesauce
30 grams chopped walnuts
- Place the oats, cashews, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor and blend until everything is a smooth, floury consistency.
- Add the banana and applesauce and blend until a thick, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Spray a 7x11 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Push the mixture into the pan firmly using the back of a spatula. Top with chopped walnuts, pushing them into the dough.
- Place pan in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up. Cut into 32 squares, and store uneaten brownies in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count
- 32 bites
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving