- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
480 ml chicken broth (substitute vegetable for vegetarians)
175 grams cherry tomatoes
1 bunch green onions, plus more for an optional garnish
1/2 bunch cilantro, plus more for an optional garnish
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
Jalapeño for an optional garnish
1. Drain and rinse 3/4 of the black beans.
2. Place rinsed beans in a blender along with cilantro, chicken broth, tomatoes, green onions, cumin, garlic salt, and lime juice. Pulse for a smooth texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the soup into a large pot and add the rest of the beans to the mix. Heat up and serve.
4. Garnish with cilantro or a diced green onion, or get spicy with a jalapeño!
- Main Dishes