I know it's hard to believe, but these chocolate chip cookies are Paleo and vegan! These are two dietary needs rarely meet in the middle, but they come together for one naturally sweetened dessert everyone will love. Bake a batch of these lightened-up cookies for a guilt-free, sweet treat.
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 220 grams blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 65 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/ 180 °C/ 160 Fan .
- In a medium bowl, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add the liquid and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter about two inches apart. They will get bigger!
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with a cold glass of almond milk, and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Makes 12 cookies.
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- Calories per serving