Eggs are always a good idea, whether you're too tired to cook dinner, want a make-ahead or no-fuss breakfast, or need a quick bite. We've got a new recipe to add to your brunch repertoire that combines fluffy eggs with fibre-full kale, crunchy quinoa, and tasty salmon to make the best breakfast, lunch, or dinner wrap you've ever tasted!
Feel free to use either egg whites or whole eggs; the recipe will be delicious either way!
- 120ml free-range liquid egg white or liquid whole egg (this recipe used Two Chicks)
- 30g shredded kale
- 50g ready cooked red and white quinoa, crumbled
- 40g smoked salmon slices
- Splash of olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan and throw the kale in with a splash of water. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the leaves are wilted, then add in the quinoa and lemon zest, making sure to mix well. Season with a little salt and some black pepper.
- Whisk your eggs or shake the carton of ready cracked eggs, then pour into the pan, stirring until the eggs begin to set. Tilt the pan and use a wooden spatula to make sure runny parts of the egg get cooked.
- Cook until the base is golden and no parts of the omelette are runny.
- Slip onto some baking parchment and leave to cool slightly.
- Top the omelette with the slices of smoked salmon, a squeeze of lemon juice, and additional black pepper. Roll up tightly and wrap up for later or enjoy immediately!
- Breakfast/Brunch, Eggs
- 1 serving