The Skipping Rope and Strength-Training HIIT Workout You've Been Waiting For
Don't be fooled into thinking you need a gym full of equipment to get a tough workout under your belt. All you really need is a skipping rope and your own body to get a sweat on, as proved to us by celebrity trainer and fitness expert Amanda Kloots. She created an HIIT workout for POPSUGAR that incorporates both jump rope cardio and bodyweight strength training. No dumbbells required. And the best part is it takes less than half an hour!
- Start with a skipping rope warmup.
- Go through circuit one, which focuses on your abs.
- Repeat the skipping rope warmup, only this time it will serve as your cardio segment.
- Go through circuit two, which is all about the legs.
- Repeat the skipping rope cardio segment one more time.