On the hunt for a salad that's fresh, zesty, and filling? Look no further than this superfood mix that marries the zingy flavours of lime and feta cheese with hearty, roasted vegetables and fluffy couscous, to make the perfect wintertime salad.
250g cooked beetroot
1 honey pot
1 tsp cumin seeds
15g fresh ginger
10g fresh coriander
30g pumpkin seeds
1 vegetable stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7. Boil a kettle
- Cut each beetroot into 8 wedges. Peel the carrots, quarter lengthways and cut into batons. Place the beetroot and carrot on an oven-proof tray.
- Add the cumin seeds to the tray then coat with 2-3 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Crumble over the feta and drizzle with the honey. Put the tray in the oven for 15 min or until the carrots are slightly tender with some crunch.
- Meanwhile dissolve the stock cube in 200ml boiled water. Add the couscous to the stock and cover. Set aside for 10 min then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, put a small pan on a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the pumpkin seeds and toast for 3 min or until slightly darkened and starting to pop. Set aside until serving.
- Peel (scrape the skin off with a teaspoon) and grate the ginger finely. Chop the coriander coarsely, including the stalks.
- Combine the coriander, ginger, juice of 1/2 lime and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve the beetroot, carrot and feta on a bed of couscous. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Main Dishes, Salads
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving