Spices can have a superpowerful effect on your health; they can boost your metabolism, give your skin a healthy glow, nourish your gut (which can give you a surge of energy!), and help you debloat a puffy belly.
Chief among those spices is turmeric; its active compound curcumin is an anti-inflammatory that boasts wonderful natural healing properties. This spicy elixir from holistic nutritionist Paula Simpson combines calming turmeric and debloating paprika to not only ease inflammation in your belly but to freshen up your skin from the inside out, too.
- 4-inch piece fresh turmeric
3-inch piece fresh ginger
3 unpeeled lemons
960 ml water (spring or coconut)
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Raw honey to desired taste
- Combine the fresh turmeric, ginger, and lemons in a juicer.
- Pour fresh juice into the spring or coconut water.
- Add the paprika and raw honey to taste.
- Stir well and transfer to airtight glass container.
- Drink elixir in mini juice glasses 2-3 times per day between or right before meals.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds