If you love the texture of tater tots but are trying to cut back on calories and fat, these broccoli tots need to make their way onto your table. This quick and simple recipe comes together in 25 minutes and will curb those fried-potato cravings with a much
lighter bite that's lower in carbs, calories, and fat.
Your taste buds thank you in advance for this broccoli-cheesy treat.
- 220 grams broccoli florets
1 small shallot, minced
70 grams shredded cheddar cheese
30 grams Panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF/ gas mark 6, and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Steam your broccoli florets for 2 minutes, and chop well into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped broccoli with the rest of your ingredients. Mix until totally combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture in your hands, and shape it so it resembles a tater tot. Place on your baking sheet, and repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and enjoy warm from the oven.
Source: Calorie Count
- 20 tater tots
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving