All the Latest From Ryan Reynolds
- Aim for a 300- to 400-calorie meal.
- Add fibre-rich greens, avocado, and berries to your smoothie to satiate hunger for hours.
- You already know never to skip breakfast, but it's also important to eat within an hour of waking to boost your metabolism.
- Include at least 10 to 15 grams of protein, which suppresses ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite. Include eggs, which are proven to control hunger.
- Also include 10 grams of fibre to satiate hunger longer and prevent bloating from constipation.
- Going low carb is proven to encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially refined carbs like muffins and bagels) and include a little fat.
- Measure out that bowl of cereal or oatmeal, including the fruit, nuts, maple syrup, milk, and yoghurt you add to it. Have a set of measuring cups and spoons on hand instead of eyeballing.
Bake a healthy breakfast ahead of time to ensure you don't grab a sugary pastry on the run.
- Make pancakes even healthier by adding mashed baked sweet potato, some pureed spinach and blueberries, or cooked quinoa.
- Eat a grapefruit instead of drinking juice; the fibre will help you feel full longer, and grapefruit is proven to help with weight loss.