All the Latest From Ryan Reynolds
- Keep this meal between 400 and 600 calories. Serve yourself a smaller portion, so if you like going back for seconds, you'll just end up eating a normal-size portion.
- Use salad-size plates instead of dinner-size ones.
- At the beginning of the week, prepare a big container of salad to keep in the fridge. If the salad is already made, you're more likely to get greens with your dinner.
- Chew gum while cooking to keep from snacking.
- Salt causes bloating and butter is high in calories, so flavour pasta, soups, meat, and stews with fresh herbs, garlic, and onions instead.
- Celebrate Meatless Mondays by making a meal starring beans (another weight-loss aid). You'll love this sweet potato and black bean burrito.
- Spray on salad dressing instead of pouring.
- Cut vegetables into larger-size chunks. The more chewing you have to do, the slower you'll eat, allowing your brain to recognise the "I'm full" sensation.
Freeze pureed veg to add extra fibre to sauces and soups.
- Halfway through your meal, stop and drink some water and decide if you're really hungry for the rest or if you're just eating it because it's on your plate.