Dr. Wu told us the ab roll-up works all four abdominal muscles at once, while "assisting with segmental mobility and stability of the core."
- Lie on your back with arms overhead.
- Bring the arms forward until they are above your head (fingertips pointing to the ceiling).
- Lift the head and together with the arms roll your spine up one vertebra at a time, keeping your navel pulled into your spine.
- Roll up completely until you are bending forward reaching toward your toes.
- To return, stack your vertebra one at a time, until you are sitting erect, and then slowly roll down starting from the sacrum (pelvic tilt backward to touch sacrum down first) one vertebra at a time until you are lying flat on your back again with arms overhead.