Double Leg Raise, Scissors
This challenging but simple move is so effective — and it specifically works the pesky lower ab area that can be difficult to target at times. You'll also take advantage of a nice quad exercise, which can help with running.
- Lie on your back with arms at your side.
- Pull yout navel into the spine.
- Lift both legs up at once until they are perpendicular to the floor.
- Slowly lower back down. Do not let your back arch up off the floor.
- Add a scissor kick vertically and horizontally up to a few inches (legs stay straight and move up and down or side to side and crisscross each other).