Lying Hamstring Curl
A perennial favourite, this move sculpts the hamstrings and glutes and the area where those two muscle groups meet.
- Start by lying flat on your back with an exercise ball under your heels. Bridge your hips up, and hold that position through the entire exercise.
- Flex your feet, and dig your heels into the ball. Place your arms straight out to your sides — don't use them, though; they are just for support.
- Slowly roll the ball toward your body as you curl your heels. Keep your hips in the bridge position; don't thrust them toward the ceiling as you do the move.
- Then slowly return to the start position (straight legs, hips bridged) to complete one rep.
- Aim to do three sets of 10 to 15.