Circuit 2, Exercise 3: Kettlebell Swing
Chontel recommends using a five- to 10-kilogram (10 to 20 pound) kettlebell for this move.
- Hold a kettlebell with both hands by the flat, top handle. Let your arms rest so the kettlebell hangs down between your legs.
- Place your legs slightly wider than hip-width apart. Your toes should point slightly outward.
- To begin, keep your back flat and brace your core. Bend at your knees and push your glutes back.
- While keeping your arms straight, press your weight down into your feet and squeeze your quads and glutes as you push the kettlebell up.
- Extend your hips and legs to stand. This motion will drive the kettlebell up to just above shoulder height.
- Control the momentum while lowering the kettlebell as it returns to starting position. Then begin the next repetition.
- Complete for 40 seconds, then rest for 20 seconds.