Tip-Toe Three-Legged Dog
Purpose of this stretch: I love stretching my feet and calves in Down Dog, Three-Legged Dog, and Tip-Toe Three-Legged Dog because I can focus on one side at a time.
- From a plank position, lift your hips up, coming into the upside down V position known as Downward Dog. Hold here for five breaths, pressing the heels toward the floor to stretch the calves.
- Step the feet together so the big toes are touching. Inhale to raise your left leg into the air, holding Three-Legged Dog for five breaths.
- Then come into Tip-Toe Three-Legged Dog by lifting the right heel as high as you can to stretch the arch of the right foot, as you simultaneously circle the left foot in all directions (this feels so good!).
- Hold here for five breaths, keeping the shoulders parallel to the floor.
- Lower the left foot back to the floor and repeat Three-Legged Dog and Tip-Toe Three-Legged Dog on the right side.
- Lower the right foot and come back to Down Dog for another five breaths, trying to lower the heels even more, feeling a deeper stretch in the calves.