We can all agree that avocados make any dish better. But did you know you can use them to improve your sweets? Let chef Donal Skehan show you how to make a killer chocolate avocado pudding that doubles as a frosting for healthy cakes. You'll never look at avocados the same again! For more recipes like this, be sure to check out Donal's cookbook Fresh.
- 3 ripe avocados
40 grams cocoa powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder
110 grams honey
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs, plus extra for sprinkling
- Slice open avocados, remove the stones, and scoop the flesh into a food processor.
- Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder, honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and sea salt into the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Stir through the raw cacao nibs until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to 4 individual serving dishes, cover with cling film, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes until slightly firm.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with a little more sea salt and raw cacao nibs.
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds