- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka or white rum
1 1/4 cups dark rum, like Pampero
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 pound whole coffee beans
1 vanilla bean
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs, optional
1 slice of orange peel, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sealable container. Shake hard to combine.
- Label with the date and let sit in a cool, dark place for three weeks. Shake or stir the mixture several times of week.
- Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a clean vessel. Use like you would Kahlua or any other coffee liquor.
- Cocktails, Drinks
- Makes 1 bottle of Kahlúa
- Total Time
- 20 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds