Air fryers are truly a gift. Do you want to make a quick snack? Easy, you can use your air fryer to make chips at home. In the mood for a decadent dessert? No problem — your air fryer can whip up s'mores like nobody's business! And now, thanks to this Brussels sprouts recipe, your trusty kitchen companion can make the perfect dinner side. If you're exhausted after a long day but still want to get your veggies in and have a delicious meal, this recipe is for you.
Brussels sprouts can be a bit of a polarizing vegetable. To some people, they taste very bitter, while others could eat them all day long. No matter how you feel about them, there's a way to cook Brussels sprouts so that they're perfectly crispy yet tender, and your air fryer will help you achieve it. Also, thanks to the addition of butter, red wine vinegar, and shallots in this recipe, there are both savory and acidic flavours to help balance out the taste of the sprouts. While you may have steered clear of Brussels sprouts in the past, they'll be your new favourite side dish after trying this recipe!
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 medium shallot
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- Heat your air fryer to 375 degrees and grab your Brussels sprouts. Trim them, if necessary, and halve any that are wider than an inch.
- Put the sprouts into a bowl, drizzle the olive oil and salt on them, and then toss until each one is evenly coated.
- Put your Brussels sprouts into your air fryer in an even layer. Air fry them for about 15 minutes total, stopping them halfway through to flip (or simply toss if you kept them whole).
- As your sprouts cook, get started on the sauce. Start by finely dicing your shallot. Then, microwave the butter until melted or put it on a stovetop and remove from heat once melted. Add the chopped shallot and red wine vinegar to the melted butter and stir.
- Once your sprouts have a nice char on them, transfer them to a bowl and add your butter sauce. Toss to ensure that every sprout is evenly coated, and then serve immediately.
- Side Dishes
- 4 servings
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds