How do the Disney Parks manage to make something as simple as a sandwich taste so damn good? Magic . . . and three types of cheese. After previously sharing the recipe for sweet churro bites, the Disney Parks Blog released one for the Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich typically found at Woody's Lunch Box in Hollywood Studios.
As opposed to the churros, which have been a park staple for quite some time, the sandwich is actually a newer addition since the Toy Story-themed eatery opened less than two years ago. A slightly more elaborate version of the nostalgic lunchtime meal, the sandwich simply consists of cheddar, provolone, and a cream cheese spread. The bread is also brushed with a garlic spread for an added savory twist. Learn how to re-create it at home ahead!
- 8 slices of artisan bread
8 cheddar cheese slices
8 provolone slices
- For the cream cheese spread:
1/2 cup of cream cheese
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or Double Gloucester cheese
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon of coarse salt
- For the garlic spread:
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
For the cream cheese spread:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar or Double Gloucester, heavy cream, and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
For the garlic spread:
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl.
- Stir until blended and set aside.
For the sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or a large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon the cream cheese spread on the slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with the garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown!
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- Serves 4