"My bicep is twitching," Lana Condor jokingly whined as she kneaded her "big booty" dough to make homemade pizza. Between climbing on top of her kitchen counter to reach the flour and working her dough to perfection, the 22-year-old actress's new YouTube video is indeed a pizza tutorial and workout in one.
It's no secret Lana is an adorably talented actress, but who knew the To All The Boys I've Loved Before star was also a low-key chef? In case you missed it, the actress has a YouTube channel where she posts makeup tutorials, behind-the-scenes videos, and hopefully, more food content. In her first-ever cooking video, Lana shared her surprisingly simple recipe for homemade cheese pizza. All it takes is a lot of kneading, patience, and whatever toppings you have on hand.
Check out the video above to watch Lana being relatable and cute for nine minutes straight — and to learn how to make her homemade pizza, of course. You can also print out and follow along with her easy recipe below.
- 2 1/2 cups room temperature water
2 tablespoons yeast
7 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix water and yeast in a bowl, and let it sit.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and olive oil.
- Add bloomed yeast to flour mixture.
- Use your hands to combine wet and dry mixtures. If it feels dry, add a little bit of water.
- Once you feel like it's solid enough, put the mixture on a flat board. Continue to pat the dough until it's fully formed.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes.
- Coat the same bowl you used for your dry mixture with olive oil, and add your dough in.
- Set dough aside and let rise for about four hours or longer, if desired.
- Preheat pizza pan in oven at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Once your dough is ready, cut into four large pieces.
- Take each piece and tap the dough into flat pie shapes.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt to crushed tomatoes, and take a scoop of the sauce and spread it out on the dough using the bottom of your measuring cup.
- Grate a fine layer of mozzarella over the pizza, and top with fresh basil.
- Transfer pizza onto preheated pizza pan and pop into your oven.
- Watch your pizza closely and remove from the oven when it's cooked to your liking. (According to Lana, there's no exact time.)
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- 4 pies