Halloween is MUCH closer than you think — at Disneyland, that is! The parks will celebrate the spooky season from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, 2019, and we promise, you won't want to miss this year's celebrations. Both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure will be transformed with Halloween decor, Disney villains will be out in full force, there will be special themed foods and drinks, and the entertainment offerings will be aplenty.
Book your trip within those dates to take advantage of the following activities:
Disneyland's Halloween Festivities
- For the first time in almost a decade, the supernatural projection and special effects show, Halloween Screams, will play most nights (and on some of the nights, the show will be even more amazing with the addition of spooky fireworks).
- There will be a giant Mickey Mouse jack-o'-lantern and a Pumpkin Festival, along with other decor on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Haunted Mansion will become Haunted Mansion Holiday for the season, inspired by the Disney classic, The Nightmare Before Christmas
- There will be special Halloween-themed treats and merchandise.
California Adventure's Halloween Festivities
- New this year, bats will swarm the façade of Carthay Circle!
- Beginning Sept. 17, you can experience the new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party, a ticketed event that takes the place of Mickey's Halloween Party on select nights. It includes the new World of Colour show, "Villainous!," and more!
- Spooky decor will be at every turn, thanks to an Oogie Boogie takeover.
- There will be a 10-foot tall statue of the Headless Horseman holding his jack-o'-lantern head on Buena Vista Street.
- Cars Land — or Radiator Screams, if you will — will celebrate Haul-O-Ween with some ride adaptations. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree will transform into Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters will become Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween.
- Plaza de la Familia will return to Paradise Gardens Park, and A Musical Celebration of Coco will feature immersive festivities inspired by Día de los Muertos.
- And finally, in Hollywood Land, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will take a Halloween turn every night when it turns into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
And if you're a Disney World family, don't fret! Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party includes an all-new fireworks show this year during select nights from Aug. 16 to Nov. 1.