If you've got glass shower doors or tiles that show every hard water stain in your bathroom, then you understand the constant frustration of keeping everything looking clean. Hard water stains make things look dingy — even when they're not. Stop scouring with harsh chemicals and attack hard water stains with eco-friendly Epsom salts that leave your shower sparkling. Think of it as an exfoliating scrub for your bath!
What You'll Need:
- Small mixing bowl
- 250g Epsom salts
- 125g bicarbonate of soda
- 50ml cup washing up liquid
- Cotton cloth
- Paper towel
- Mix together the Epsom salts, baking soda, and dish soap. Epsom salts naturally soften water, breaking up the hard water stains. Baking soda gently scrubs your tiles or shower doors without scratching with the help of your favourite washing up liquid. And you can find everything needed for this DIY at the pound shop or supermarket, making it very budget friendly.
- Working on dry shower doors or tiles helps this scrub really do its job, so wipe down wet areas before cleaning.
- Now scoop a bit of the mixture onto a damp cotton cloth and rub in a circular motion over tiles or glass doors. This scrub also works wonders on taps and around drains. The mixture drips, so go ahead and give your bath or shower cubicle a rub, too.
- Let the Epsom salts scrub hang out for a few minutes and then give things another light rub. Wash away with warm water and then dry with a clean paper towel, which stops new hard water stains from starting.
- Keep things sparkling between scrubs with your favourite window cleaner, or make your own, which helps cut back on hard water stain buildup.
Want to spruce up your home without breaking the bank? Here are some other DIY cleaning supplies!