If you're ready for a space that screams Autumn, reach for your apple peels and that forgotten container of cinnamon in your cupboard for an all-natural way to scent your home. This DIY puts kitchen scraps to good use while creating a really wonderful atmosphere for relaxing. Now that the days are getting shorter, lift your spirits with fresh scents that evoke a feeling for the change of season.
What You'll Need:
- Apple peels and cores
- Peel of one orange or one lemon (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried allspice
- Small saucepan
- 4 cups water
- This DIY is so simple. Add all the ingredients to the small saucepan, fill with water, and simmer over low heat. You can keep adding water as needed, which makes this pot-o-happiness smell wonderful all day.
- At the end of the day, toss what's left in the pot in your compost, or store in a zip-top baggie overnight and then boil again the next day for scenting your space, adding water as needed. After three days, the mixture should be dumped and made fresh.