Gardening enthusiasts, rejoice. This lemon zest hand scrub is perfect for gently removing dirt, grime, and plant oils from hands while leaving them wonderfully soft. Even if you don't have a green thumb, it is so nice on hands, exfoliating and cleaning just like a mini spa treatment. And you can personalize with your favourite essential oils, making it a must have for right next to your kitchen sink.
What You'll Need:
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup liquid dish soap
- 5-10 drops tea tree essential oil (optional)
- 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Zest one lemon and mix together with the coconut oil. Lemon zest has natural oils that gently clean skin, and coconut oil adds soothing relief to hands that have been digging in the soil or doing dirty work around the house.
- Now add the sugar and dish soap, and mix together until it forms a paste. Take the scrub to the next level and add tea tree essential oil, which is a natural disinfectant, healing any nicks or cuts on hands, and a touch of peppermint essential oil, adding a soothing tingle. Or drip in a few drops of your favourite scent, which leaves hands smelling amazing. You can also leave out the essential oils, and the scrub is still fabulous.
- Store in a sealable glass container, and the hand scrub is safe to keep on the counter for use until it's gone. And you might find yourself reaching for it whenever you need to wash your hands — it's really that wonderful!