Not only is this laundry solution seriously smart, it is also awesomely eco-friendly. For only pennies, you'll have dryer sheets that can be used over and over and over again. What makes these dryer sheets better than their store-bought counterparts is they can be personalised with your favourite scent and are free of any toxic additives. Along with leaving your clothes feeling soft and fresh, they'll smell clean and ready for wear. And once you try them, you'll wonder why you never made them from scratch in the first place.
What You'll Need:
- 125ml vinegar
- 8 drops tea tree or other essential oil
- Sealable container
- Cotton cloths (J-cloths or similar)
- Start by cutting your cloths into smaller sections. I used inexpensive dish towels from the pound shop, but old tee shirts or linens would work wonderfully too.
- Mix together the vinegar and essential oil in a small bowl. Vinegar is a natural softener, and the essential oil gives your clothes a gentle, natural scent. Pour the mixture over the cloths until they are dampened but not soaked. Keep in a securely closed container.
- To use, simply remove a sheet from the container, squeezing any excess liquid back into the jar, and toss into the tumble dryer. To reduce static cling in clothes, reduce the heat temperature of your dryer. When clothes are dry, simply place the sheet back in the jar for use later.
Here's a list of other fun DIY cleaning products you can try!