It's harvesting time. The full moon in Aries arrives to light a fire within us so we can get things done. The seeds we planted during the spring and summer have sprouted for a magical fall harvest. So, what's standing in your way? Remember those two new moons in Aries that took place earlier this year — one in March and one in April? Whatever it is that you manifested during that time has been brewing, and the universe has worked to divinely align the things that are meant for you. So, look around at your world as it is right now and take notice of the manifestations that have come to fruition or are just starting to appear in your life.
Aries is a cardinal fire sign, meaning it's the first fire sign of the zodiac. There is a newness to Aries energy. A fierce energy that's standing at the starting line just waiting for that call to "Gooooo!" Full moons are great for letting go and creating space for more manifestations to come to fruition. So, while you harvest the magic garden you planted earlier this year, you can also pull the weeds and dead leaves out of the way so the soil remains abundant.
The full moon in Aries is just shy of one week after the Sept. 23 fall equinox. Ask yourself what you need to release before easing into the cooler temperatures and warm, cosy, cuddly vibe of autumn.
When Is the Full Moon in Aries?
The Aries full moon peaks on Sept. 29 at 5:58 a.m. ET. Stargazers can expect to see this beautiful moon illuminating the sky the evening of the 28th and into the early morning hours of the 29th.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Aries Mean?
Aries sparks inspiration and the desire to transform and transmute energy. This fiery sign moves differently than most of the zodiac. Not only is it the first cardinal sign, but it's the first sign of the entire zodiac. It's the starting point. The new path that offers hope and promise. The lane that has been cleared of all our past indiscretions.
When working with the Aries full moon, remember that this sign is ruled by Mars, the planet of energy, action, and sex. It's passionate, uninhibited, and explosive. This is exciting, especially when it comes to leveling up and sifting out the lower vibrational energies, habits, patterns, things, and people that are trying to extinguish the beautiful fire within us.
It is also known as the Harvest Moon because crops are harvested during this time of year. So, we can feel grounded and tranquil with this high-energy moon by meditating, taking mindful walks among the fall leaves, laughing with friends, dancing like nobody's watching, and allowing the sun to warm our third eye.
Spark that Aries energy within by allowing the sun rays to be the entry to your greatest hopes and desires and allowing the moon to release whatever may be getting in your way. It will prepare you for the upcoming eclipse season happening in October and November. At that time, consider booking a getaway focussed on your wellness like my upcoming Mindful Living With Z Autumn Awakening Retreat taking place in New York's Catskill Mountains from Nov. 10 to Nov. 13, which includes an 11/11 portal activation and Reiki Level 1 certification.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say For September's Full Moon in Aries?
Dear God. I am filled with inspiration and drive, and I pray you continue guiding me past the obstacles and blocks in my path. Lead me through these shifts for I am ready to embrace this change. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So be it.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aries?
The Emperor: Like Aries, this tarot card represents a person who acts on instinct and takes charge. A natural-born leader.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aries?
Solar Plexus: The chakra associated with the sun is best suited for fiery Aries. This energy centre, which represents our self-worth, confidence, and willpower, aligns with the Aries spark that can conquer and achieve great things.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Aries
Red jasper, citrine, and/or bloodstone crystals
St. John's Wort, basil, oats, and/or cardamom herbs
Black pepper, orange, and/or geranium essential oils
Sage and palo santo
Pink Himalayan salt and Epsom salt
Daffodils or honeysuckle flowers
Small sound bowl, bell, or rattle
1. It's the start of a new season, so begin by giving your physical space a deep cleaning.
2. When that's done, move on to spiritually cleansing your space. Start with burning sage and allowing smoke to waft around your space and you. Thank the sacred herb for its cleansing properties.
3. Next, burn some palo santo and thank the sacred tree as the smoke gently fills your space. Open up your windows and allow the smoke to do its work inside before exiting.
4. Grab your sound bowl, bell, rattle, or other instrument of choice. Enjoy the sound healing as you imagine the waves cleansing your space and ridding it of any leftover traces of bad juju. When the sound silences, take a deep inhale through your nose and exhale out of your nose. Your space is now ready to prepare your Aries full moon limpia.
5. Fill a big pot with water and bring to a simmer.
6. Add three to four handfuls of herbs to the simmering water and mix them in with a wooden spoon, allowing them to simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Drain the herb water into a big bowl and allow it to cool to your desired temperature. Just above lukewarm is a great choice.
8. Add a few good splashes of Florida Water and several drops of your chosen essential oils.
9. Add one splash of Rue Water to ward off any mal de ojo (evil eye) and give you an added layer of protection against it in the future. Mix the ingredients in with your hands while praying and setting intentions.
10. Next, add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of Pink Himalayan salt, and mix in with your hands until dissolved.
11. Cover the top of your beautiful water limpia with flower petals. If you are Reiki attuned, this is a great time to infuse your limpia with some beautiful energy healing. If not, simply infuse it with your magic by speaking your intentions into the water.
12. Make a small spiritual altar in your bathroom or wherever you intend to use the limpia. Create the altar using your crystals, candle, and flowers in a vase. Intuitively place the crystals around the vase and pray as you light your candle.
13. Carry the bowl into your shower. When you're ready, gently pour the limpia over you. As the water flows down your body, imagine all the things you need to release from your life being washed away and removed for good. Watch the water exit your space as it goes down the drain. Say, "So be it."
14. Allow yourself to air-dry or use a light-coloured towel to pat yourself dry. Journal, sing, and dance under the full moon, believing the universe heard your prayers.