The second eclipse season of 2023 begins with a New Moon Eclipse in Libra. While new moons are associated with manifesting what you want to call into your life, the solar eclipse — also known as the Ring of Fire — taking place during this time signifies an ending or a release of some kind. Think about the scales, which symbolize Libra's profound and perfect balance of forces. If the scale in your personal life is off-kilter, examine what you need to let go of in order to restore balance.
Remember that eclipses are disruptive. While we're navigating life's challenges and obstacles, and celebrating successes and wins, eclipses come in to flip things around until you land in a different place. It's a positive change that can be exciting yet unpredictable.
Be real with yourself during this time. Libra's may be all about balance, but if things get too unpredictable, they may fall into deep denial to get through it. Try your best to keep both feet on the ground even with Libra's airy energy. Be honest with yourself and those around you. Be considerate of your needs and how meeting them will promote successful growth. With these ideas at the forefront of your mind during the New Moon Eclipse in Libra, you can enjoy a harmonious wave of energy flowing through you, inspiring you to continue embracing the change that is needed in your life right now.
When Is the 2023 New Moon in Libra?
The New Moon Solar Eclipse in Libra takes place on Oct. 14 at 1:55 p.m. ET. It is an annular solar eclipse, which occurs when the moon is farthest away from Earth. The Moon will pass between the Sun and the Earth, partially covering the sun. Because the Moon is so far from Earth during an annular solar eclipse, it appears to be smaller than the sun as it passes by it.
What Is the Meaning of the 2023 New Moon in Libra?
Like with any new moon, you can set intentions and wishes under the Libra New Moon. Sure the eclipse will shake things up a bit, allowing you to release what's not needed. But the ripe energy of the new moon's manifesting power is still in place. This time with a focus on unions, companionship, and love commitments.
Libra rules marriage and under its new moon, it is a good idea to take some time and really think about what you want in a life partner. If you are already involved with someone, re-evaluate the relationship. Is it all that you desire or is there something lacking? Can this be repaired, or is it time to move on? Wishing for marriage, reentering marriage, and finding a balanced exchange of love with another are all themes for the Libra New Moon. After all, the seventh zodiac sign is ruled by Venus, the planet of love, romance, money, beauty, and art.
Outside of marriage, the Libra New Moon places a spotlight on relationships in general. What are you bringing to the table in your relationships? Since Libra rules fairness, really give that last question some thought. You can wish for things like going to counseling with someone you truly love and want to work things out. Or set intentions for feeling more balanced and peaceful internally, which can positively impact everyone in your life.
Libra also rules harmony, which includes peace and ushering beauty into your life through art and decorations. Buy yourself some flowers. Create a beautiful space in your home where you can sit and master the art of doing nothing. Look at your space like a blank canvas and survey what colour can be added to level up the decor and energy. In the same regard, Libra rules refinement. So, if you're feeling luxurious and need a touch of elegance, don't hesitate to pamper yourself or accept the graceful pampering of another. You deserve it!
When it comes to your health, Libra rules the adrenal glands, kidneys, diabetes, and buttocks. So, if you need healing in any of those areas, feel confident that the new moon energy is strengthening your wishes, while the Universe listens.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say During October's New Moon in Libra?
Great Spirit, I am ready for marriage. I wish to be aligned with my soulmate at this time. Great Mystery, I needed time to heal from past wounds before I could open up my heart to love again. But now, it is wide open and ready to receive real, healthy, supportive, kind, uplifting love. I want to have the love dreams are made of because I know I will reciprocate and my partner will feel secure, held, and unconditionally loved as they deserve. I am ready. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So, be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With October's New Moon in Libra?
Justice – Like Libra, the Justice card of the tarot is all about balance, and in order to maintain that balance you must be honest with yourself and others, and fair.
Which Chakra Goes With October's New Moon in Libra?
Heart – Libra gets at the heart of all matters and thrives on building strong connections and bonds.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For October's New Moon in Libra
Lavender and rosemary herbs
Jasmine and gardenia essential oils
Opal, amethyst, and rose quartz crystals
Pink Himalayan salt
1. Since Autumn recently began, it's a good idea to do some deep physical cleaning in your space before getting into your new moon ritual.
2. After your space is clean, let's begin by spiritually cleansing it by burning some sage and allowing that sacred smoke to waft around your space, paying close attention to the corners of the ceilings in your rooms.
3. Next, burn some Palo Santo to keep all the good vibes the sage smoke created in your space.
4. Fill your bathtub with warm water as you sing, pray, and have a conversation with the Universe about what you desire at this time.
5. Add 1 ½ cups of pink Himalayan salt and mix it in with your hands until it dissolves.
6. Follow that with a few splashes of Florida Water and several drops of essential oil. Mix in with your hands and really feel the connection to the water. Remember that water has memory, so think and speak mindfully so you're creating a positive energy with the water before you submerge.
7. Cover the water with a few handfuls of lavender and rosemary herbs, take a deep inhale (your space will smell amazing!), and release the herbs into the water, thanking them for their healing properties.
8. Allow the water to fill to your desired amount. While it is filling and the herbs, oils, salt, and Florida Water are being integrated into the now Blessed water, you can set up your New Moon Eclipse in Libra altar.
9. Grab your candle, crystals, and a portion of your bouquet of roses. Save some of the roses for your baño.
10. Place the candle somewhere where you can see it and surround it with crystals. Place the flowers in a vase next to the candles and crystals. When you light the candle, see the flame as sparking the creation of your dreams, desires, and wishes under the Libra New Moon.
11. Return to your warm and blessed bath water, and cover the top of the water with red rose petals from your bouquet. Try to purchase organic flowers so the petals are free of pesticides and other chemicals.
12. Submerge into the water, thanking all the ingredients for coming together to create a magical baño to assist with your manifestations.
13. Soak for 40 mins. The first 20 minutes is to let go and release. The last 20 minutes is to fill that newly open space with your wishes and intentions.
14. Air dry if you can or pat dry with a light-coloured towel. Watch as your manifestations come to fruition over the next six months until the Libra Full Moon on March 25, 2024.