Over in Paris this morning, celebrities like Twiggy, Jessica Alba, Nicole Richie, Natalia Vodianova, Marianne Faithfull, Anna Wintour, Nancy Shevell, Sir Paul McCartney along with U2 lead singer Bono and his wife Ali attended the Stella McCartney Autumn/Winter 2013 Ready-to-Wear show. It looks like Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie got cosy in the city of love and the elder music set sat together and chatted. The clothing looks amazing in the photos as modeled by Cara Delevigne and Karli Kloss just to name a few wearing purples, blacks, whites and greys. Whilst Sir Paul and his bride arrived in the appropriate coloured tops, they both chose light coloured denim on the bottom. Hopefully Stella is as proud of the collection as we are excited, after all, she did get a standing ovation from this critical fashionable front row.
Liv Tyler and Naomi Watts got together on the grounds of NYC's St. Luke's in the Fields Church for the unveiling of the Stella McCartney 2012 Spring/Resort collection. Stella's early Summer garden parties are an annual tradition that have in the past brought out her other famous friends like Kate Hudson and Gwyneth Paltrow. It's been a busy few weeks for Naomi, who kicked off her campaign with Pantene last week and has been enjoying the warm weather with her family. Liv is likewise occupied with a variety of projects, including the promotion of her upcoming movie The Ledge. Naomi and Liv teamed up last week as well, when they joined other stylish stars at the CFDA Awards.
Last night's Billboard Awards, held at Las Vegas's MGM Grand Arena, were star-studded from start to finish. A pantless Britney Spears and Rihanna kicked off the proceedings with a scantily clad rendition of "S&M," and Brit later took the stage again for a performance with her tourmate Nicki Minaj. Beyoncé Knowles was another of the evening's biggest draws, and she was on hand to sing her new tune "Run the World (Girls)." There was an honor in store for Beyoncé as well, since she took home the Millennium Award and made a heartfelt acceptance speech that included a shout-out to her husband, Jay-Z. The night seemed to belong to Taylor Swift, though, with her win for Artist of the Year. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's live kiss gave Taylor some competition for the spotlight, however. The festivities were presided over by The Hangover Part II's Ken Jeong, who had some help from his costars Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis in introducing urban music — that is, tunes from Keith Urban.
We went backstage at eco-friendly line Edun's Fall 2011 runway show to get the inside scoop from founder Ali Hewson, Bono's wife, and designer Sharon Wauchob on their newest collection. Watch it now and discover all there is to know about Edun's silky landscape-based prints, experimental use of color, and the designing duo's ongoing love of chunky knits.
The latest Louis Vuitton ad campaign has just been revealed and it does not just highlight designs by the classic French fashion house. Bono and his wife Ali Hewson are pictured in the advertising and they're wearing designs by Edun which is Hewson's ethical fashion line. The couple are carrying leather holdalls, Ali's is a collaboration between the two fashion brands. Last year, LVMH took a 49% stake in Edun and are using this ad campaign to raise it's status. They were photographed by Annie Leibovitz who also shot Mikhail Gorbachev, Keith Richards and Sean Connery for Louis Vuitton. Do you like this campaign?
We've already seen Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper getting cosy at a Tribeca Film Festival premiere this weekend, and there were plenty more screenings and events being held in New York as part of the festival which is partly put together by Robert De Niro. He was at a handful of the events, and was spotted hanging out with Juliette Lewis and Vince Vaughn. Kirsten Dunst premiered a short film she directed, looking relaxed in a floaty dress, Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber kept their shades on for the premiere of Every Day, while British actress Archie Panjabi attended the premiere of The Infidel alongside David Baddiel. Other celebs spotted included Miranda Kerr, Bono, Christy Turlington, Guy Pearce, James Van Der Beek, Andy Serkis, Selma Blair, Alexanda Skarsgard and Rashida Jones.
To see more photos, just read more
- The Hope for Haiti Now telethon has raised more than $57m (£35m) — Company
- Katie Price plans to drop her alter-ego name Jordan for good — Handbag
- Despite rumours, Johnny Depp is not dead — Glamour UK
- Ashley Cole is eager to start a family, but Cheryl is too busy with work — Cosmo UK
- Denise Van Outen is having a little girl — Now
- Taylor Momsen doesn't want to be a role model for kids — Amy Grindhouse
- Jedward will be releasing "Under Pressure" on February 15th — Hecklerspray
- Dannii Minogue's dress line is set to launch this week — Grazia
- A superfan makes cookies that look like Lady Gaga — PopBitch
- Watch more of the Hope For Haiti performances from Friday night here — PopSugarUS
It was a low-key outing for 140 stars of entertainment last night as they got together to raise money for Haiti, during George Clooney's Hope For Haiti Now telethon. Celebs including Justin Timberlake, Robert De Niro, Stephen Spielberg, Morgan Freeman, Taylor Lautner, Mel Gibson, Zac Efron, Reese Witherspoon, the Jonas Brothers, Julia Roberts, and Penelope Cruz manned the phones, while Taylor Swift, Bono, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Chris Martin and many more performed.
It aired live at 1a.m. on MTV in the UK last night, and you'll get another chance to see Robert Pattinson and the rest of the stars involved at 9 p.m. tonight when the channel repeats it. MTV made it available to 640 million homes globally, and in the US it was shown on 25 networks. US news presenter Anderson Cooper was reporting from Haiti, while Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Matt Damon, Chris Rock, Clint Eastwood and George were among those speaking about individual tragedies and triumphs that had happened during and since the earthquake from New York, LA and London. The money raised will be shared between Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF, the UN World Food Programme, Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti Foundation, and the Clinton Bush Haiti Foundation.
To see many more photos from the telethon, and watch Robert Pattinson's segment, just read more
Scarlett Johansson has posed in (PRODUCT) RED clothes and accessories for a ten page fashion shoot in the January issue of Harper’s Bazaar, and has spoken about her support of the (RED) campaign. She reveals the impact her trips to Africa have had on her life since becoming the ambassador of the campaign three years ago, and discusses the strength of women in her joint interview with Bono, in which he calls her a lioness! Here are highlights:
- On one of her campaign trips to Africa: "In Rwanda, I’d been warned that we might see disturbing things, and that some people might be close to death. So I had a bit of apprehension walking into the first hospital. But I soon realised that you’re standing before people. They might be very ill, but they’re just people like everyone else. Suddenly you’re not aware of how you’re feeling, how you’re going to look. If you let your guard down and stop being aware of yourself, you’re able to really connect with people and listen while they tell their stories."
- On the strength of women: "I’ve always found that women have power in numbers. We draw strength from the support of other women. In some cultures, girls can be seen as a burden to a family because of the need to pay out a dowry when they marry, and they are vulnerable to all kinds of abuse. When I visited shelters for female victims of violence in India, I found that a lot of the women had been raped, even at home. That’s still very taboo. Even in the United States, it’s hard to talk about being sexually abused by your husband or your boyfriend. So being able to find solace in support groups makes a huge difference."
- On her newfound appreciation of the simple things: "You do gain a certain perspective when you see how people get by with so little and how they’re just happy to have simple things like a well with clean water nearby. I felt lucky just to live somewhere that has running water. Suddenly a toilet seems such a luxury. It’s miraculous! You really are thankful for the small things."
To find out what Bono had to say about Scarlett being his lioness, just read more
There were some great performances at the MTV EMA show last night. I showed you four of my favourites straight after the ceremony, but there were some other amazing performances. Foo Fighters, Green Day, Tokio Hotel and the U2 medley were all fantastic too — check out the videos and vote below to let me know: which MTV EMA act rocked the hardest?