The cast of Total Recall continued their string of press with a stop in Ireland yesterday. Jessica Biel wore a strapless Zac Posen dress while Kate Beckinsale went with a dramatic pink gown. Kate posed on the arm of her husband, and the movie's director, Len Wiseman, while Colin Farrell had his mom, Rita, by his side. Before Kate and Colin hit the red carpet, they stopped by a Dublin studio to chat up the project. Kate, Colin, and Jessica have been in front of the cameras for their film since July, though the overseas leg of promotions kicked off in Berlin just yesterday.
Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale dressed up for this evening's premiere of Total Recall in Berlin. They each donned floor-length gowns for the German debut, with Kate in a light design from Naeem Khan and Jessica working a back-baring Elie Saab. It seems the cast didn't stick around afterward — Jessica tweeted a picture of a jet this evening with the caption, "Auf wiedersehen, Berlin!" Kate, Jessica, and their leading man Colin Farrell kicked things off this morning. Jessica Biel wore Christian Cota to a photocall for the picture, which hit theaters in the US earlier this month.
Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, and Kate Beckinsale were in Berlin this morning for a photocall supporting their movie, Total Recall. Jessica looked well-rested after a weekend getaway in Puerto Rico, where she spent time with her fiancé, Justin Timberlake. JT's on the island working on a movie project of his own, Runner, Runner. This morning, Jessica showed a bit of tummy in her printed Christian Cota cutout dress. Kate, though, went more modest in a purple frock. Kate's able to embark on the press tour with her leading man by her side — Total Recall was directed by Kate's husband, Len Wiseman. The remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger movie came out in the US on Aug. 3. It wasn't a hit with critics, but came in sixth at the weekend box office nonetheless.
This week in Los Angeles, Kate Beckinsale shone at the Total Recall premiere in a Giorgio Armani Privé dress, which she teamed with a tousled updo. Celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak took inspiration from Kate's structured dress to created a texturized look that was "edgy and undone, with an effortless feel." To get Kate’s style in three simple steps, just read more
Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel joined their Total Recall leading man Colin Farrell on the red carpet at LA's Grauman's Chinese Theatre for their premiere last night. Jessica went ladylike in pink Christian Dior Couture, and Kate upped the drama in a reptilian Armani Privé creation. Kate walked the red carpet with her husband, the movie's director, Len Wiseman. Jessica's other half, Justin Timberlake, wasn't able to make it. She told us yesterday that he's off working on his own movie, so he wasn't able to weigh in on her sartorial decisions like he usually does. Colin also had a lady on his arm, his sister Claudine Farrell. Colin mentioned to us that he was excited to see the action film for the first time, as a finished product, at Grauman's. He celebrated Len's creation with Jessica and Kate at the afterparty. Stay tuned for our video from the event later today on PopSugar Rush!
Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale flanked Colin Farrell at their Total Recall photocall held at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills on Saturday. The trio, along with costar Bryan Cranston, have been participating in the press junket at the hotel for the past couple of days ahead of their big LA premiere next week. Jessica took advantage of a short break in her promotional duties to visit fiancé Justin Timberlake in Puerto Rico. Jessica donned a bikini to play paddleball with a shirtless JT on the beach. Jessica said the island getaway was the "best time" of her life, but perhaps it will be dethroned by her upcoming wedding! Jessica and Justin are rumored to be tying the knot this Summer, though they've yet to reveal a date. Kate also had her own good times with her leading man when they celebrated her 39th birthday together on Thursday.
Kate Becksinale makes a glamorous turn on the August cover of Allure, which hits newsstands July 24. The Total Recall actress, who recently spoke about the action film at Comic-Con, shows off the Fall 2012 fashion collections from Prada, Michael Kors, and more in the issue. She also talks about feeling comfortable in her own skin, aging gracefully, and what she's most afraid of when it comes to having a teenage daughter. Here's more from Kate in Allure:
- On being beautiful: "Feeling attractive didn’t come until I was 29 and with Len. . . . At the time it was partly perceived as if I'd gone all Hollywood, but it wasn’t like that at all. It was just OK for me to walk around and feel feminine and attractive. I like feeling liberated like this."
- On aging: "What is it about a woman being in her late 30s that brings out the 'Oh, my gosh, are you worried?' questions? Worried? What about? Thirty-eight, 39, 40, 50! Great! Still alive! It's more of the thing of being embarrassing to somebody. I haven’t been embarrassing before. I can't dance at a party where there are teenagers without clearing the dance floor. Those are the things that make me go, 'F*ck, I'm old. . . .' When you're a parent, everyone leaves."
- On her teenage daughter, Lily: "There are things I don't want my daughter to ever know. I don't want her to know about being betrayed. I remember Len talking to Bruce Willis when Len did Live Free or Die Hard, and I think Bruce did some terrifying things when his daughter started having a boyfriend. Len and I asked him, 'When Lily starts having boyfriends, will you come over too? We'll all stand on the doorstep, scare the sh*t out of them.' But maybe now I don't need Bruce. Now that I'm a villain, I can go solo."
Photos courtesy of Norman Jean Roy for Allure
Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel hit Comic-Con yesterday on behalf of their movie Total Recall, which was directed by Kate's husband, Len Wiseman. Colin Farrell plays the lead in the picture, which is a remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger film. Kate, Colin, and Jessica all posed for photos before heading in to take the stage. We snagged a minute with the cheeky Colin, who referred to Kate as the on-set potty mouth.
We also caught up with Jessica. We got the scoop on Jessica's love of Summer whites — which is very appropriate considering her upcoming wedding to Justin Timberlake — as well as what it was like on the set with Kate and Colin. Jessica filled us in on how she and Justin compare notes after tough days on set, whether it was her with Total Recall or Justin with an action movie like In Time. Jessica said, "We're just constantly telling each other about ridiculous things that happen on set. Like, 'I completely fell and actually punched the ground.' . . . And he's like, 'Don't worry, it's OK. I'm not going to tell anybody.' It's more consoling each other."
Kate Beckinsale bares her abs on the July/August cover of Women's Health, which hits newsstands June 26. Her fit physique is partially thanks to all the training necessary for her upcoming action film, Total Recall. The movie, a remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's 1990 film of the same name, will be released on Aug. 3. The blockbuster also stars Colin Farrell and Jessica Biel, the latter of whom shared some intense fight scenes with Kate. In the issue, Kate spoke about going hand to hand with a female costar, being known as an action star, and the limits of training. Here's more from Kate Beckinsale in Women's Health:
- On her fight scene with Jessica Biel: "It’s not like a naked, porno, mud-wrestling-in-a-bar sort of fight; it's a real fight. I did find that fighting a woman was very different from when I've fought men. There was a lot of 'I didn't hurt you, did I?' 'Oh, I'm sorry about that!' 'No, it was my fault!'"
- On being known as an action star: "It's slightly strange being predominantly known for something that's not necessarily my sensibility, but I've never had a plan."
- On her first experience with a trainer:: "It was a full-on boys' gym: 'How much can you press? Go harder!' That kind of thing. They use to have a garbage can between the machines so people could throw up into it and then continue working out. That just seems far too gruesome. I didn't want to be in shape that much."
Yesterday in California, stars of the big screen walked the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards and a trio of British beauties attended the awards ceremony in Universal City in three different styles. TV presenter Louise Roe went floor-length and fabulous in a purple David Meister draped gown and accessoried with a Lia Sophia ring. Emma Watson went short and sexy in her surfer-style Brood halter mini complete with abstract print, contrast seaming and peplum-detailing at the back, finishing her sporty-chic look with a pair of stacked cuffs and strappy Tabitha Simmons sandals. Kate Beckinsale went for a more formal style in a long-sleeved minidress and purple satin pumps. Vote below to let me know which Brit's style you like best!