Stars popped up both in the front row and on the runway at the Chanel Spring 2014 show during Paris Fashion Week today. Katy Perry got decked out in a black-and-white Chanel ensemble to work her stuff in front of specially created art pieces that were designed for the presentation. She was joined in the front row by Rita Ora, who got to watch her best friend Cara Delevingne strut her stuff on the catwalk in a rainbow number, and Vanessa Paradis. Meanwhile, the show itself was full of surprising runway returns for famous models. Alexa Chung, who used to model before she became a TV host, strutted her stuff down the stage, and Miranda Kerr, who made her Paris Fashion Week 2013 debut yesterday at Stella McCartney, also took over stomping duty alongside Fashion Week regular Cara. One supermodel who didn't work her stuff for designer Karl Lagerfeld was Kate Upton, who took time off from her model duties by sitting in the front row next to Vogue's Grace Coddington.
Katy Perry graces the cover of next week's Billboard magazine, which hits newsstands on Sept. 30. In the issue, Katy talks about her upcoming album, Prism, which has already spawned a No. 1 hit with the single "Roar," and touches on the change in sound from her previous work, saying, "I didn't want to do Teenage Dream 2.0. Prism is more organic, au natural, vulnerable and honest, but still has the same amount of fun." The star also opens up about her marriage to Russell Brand and an ill-fated interview that saw her catching some shade from a big name. See more candid quotes from Katy, including her admission that she's "just masquerading as a pop star," from the Billboard interview:
- On the songs she wrote for Prism: "All the songs are real-life moments. I can only write autobiographically. I put all the evidence in the music. I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs."
- On her boyfriend, John Mayer: "He literally is a genius, as is evident from his songwriting. I always tell him, 'Darling, you know I'm going to have to give your mind to science after you've passed, because we're going to have to understand how all these sparks work.' When he puts his mind to something, he really gets it done very well. I always ask for his help."
- On a Barbara Walters interview she did shortly before her divorce to Russell Brand: "I shouldn't have done [it]: I was playing Madison Square Garden that same night, and I knew that the end of my marriage was coming. I was just exhausted and stressed. I'd prepped everyone that I was running late, but Barbara Walters showed up at the original time anyway. When I got there, I apologized immediately, but then she said to me, 'You know, I've only ever waited for one other person this long, and you know who that person was? Judy Garland. You know how she turned out, right?' I was like, 'Oh, snap! Yes, b*tch!' I think it's the coolest thing that Barbara Walters shaded me. I just couldn't tell her as we were sitting down for a mega-interview, 'Hey, my marriage is falling apart. Give me a break.'"
- On where she sees herself in the future: "I'll probably turn into more of a Joni Mitchell. As I inch towards my 30s, I think my fourth record will be more of an acoustic guitar album. That's where I started when I was first discovered and got my first record deal. We'll see — I can't get ahead of myself. I'm still doing the work: I'm a good balance of left and right brain, and to be an artist with a long career, you've got to have both. One thing John [Mayer] said to me was, 'It's harder maintaining success than finding it.' I've got a few records under my belt, and I still feel like a brand-new artist. People still want that truth to cut through."
Katy Perry made an appearance in Berlin yesterday to celebrate the launch of her new fragrance, Killer Queen (£29). Dressed in a tartan skirt suit with a bow at the neck, Katy opted for her usual bold beauty look, teaming smoky eyes and deep red lips (to match her perfume bottle) with milkmaid braids. But rather than just folding two plaits up and over her head and pinning them (the easy way to get this look), it looks as though Katy's stylist created french plaits all the way across the crown. This method keeps the plaits in place for much longer, and you don't get a parting down the back of the head. But it also looks more severe with no loose strands at the front to soften the final look. What do you think of Katy's neat new 'do?
The iHeartRadio Music Festival took over Las Vegas this weekend with performances from Justin Timberlake, Ke$ha, and Miley Cyrus. The music bash got an extra dose of Hollywood star power on Friday when Kate Hudson made an appearance on the stage to present another great Kate: Katy Perry. Meanwhile, Kate's fiancé, Matthew Bellamy, also took to the stage to perform with his band, Muse. On Saturday, Miley made an emotional appearance when she started crying onstage while performing her ballad, "Wrecking Ball." Afterwards, she changed into a barely-there costume to take over the stage again and mingle with presenters Britney Spears and Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian.
Katy Perry released the official video for her hit single "Roar" today, and just like the song's lyrics, the clip has a distinct wild animal vibe. Katy portrays a girl whose plane crashes in the jungle and quickly transforms from damsel in distress to independent woman (oh, and we should probably mention that her male companion gets mauled by a tiger). Katy adapts to her new island life by building a hut, making friends with a monkey, and of course, fashioning a sexy Tarzan-inspired look from leaves and feathers.
While the sex-kitten theme isn't anything new from Katy, we were pretty surprised to see her showing off a more subdued beauty look in the video — after all, this is the same girl who sported a whipped cream bra while sitting on a cotton candy cloud. Overall, though, one thing stands out as Katy is shown snapping selfies with her primate pal: are we to understand that she is stranded and has had a cell phone on the island with her this entire time?
Check out Katy's "Roar" video now and let us know: are you into it or over it?
The MTV Video Music Awards are underway in Brooklyn, and considering that this red carpet is notorious for some of the music industry's wildest fashion moments, we are excited for the 2013 edition! We're kicking things off with a leopard-clad Katy Perry, who chose an Ungaro dress . . . previously worn by Coco Rocha! Head inside to see her, as well as a Versace-clad Selena Gomez, a glammed up Taylor Swift, a daring Erin Wasson you have to see to believe, and more.
The 2013 VMAs are almost here, and we're celebrating by taking a look back at the most jaw-dropping moments from the unpredictable award show. From Kanye West's infamous mic-grab from Taylor Swift in 2009 to Beyoncé's baby bump reveal in 2011, there is always something exciting going on both on and off the stage at the VMAs. Click through to see those moments and many more, and don't forget to check out our live MTV VMAs viewing party on Sunday, Aug. 25 at 8:30 p.m. EDT/5:30 p.m. PDT.
The Teen Choice Awards are taking over Hollywood on Sunday, and before the big event, we're checking out some memorable moments since the show's creation in 1999. From Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart scooping up awards to Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's many snuggles — the Teen Choice Awards are always a good time. Click through to see a few of the award show's best moments, including Rob's encounter with a geeked out Katy Perry, Sandra Bullock's moment with Matthew McConaughey, and many more!
Pop worlds collided at the Smurfs 2 premiere in LA today when Britney Spears met up with Katy Perry on the blue carpet. Both of the stars made the event a family affair, with Britney bringing her two sons, Jayden and Sean, to the bash and Katy posing for photographers with her grandma, Ann Hudson. This isn't the first time that Katy's grandmother has made a trip down a red carpet as she's also attended the 2011 Grammy Awards with her superstar granddaughter. Other celebrity guests at the Smurfs 2 premiere included Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays, who both stopped to talk to POPSUGAR at the event. Stay tuned for their interviews!
Katy was very excited to meet Britney at the event, and even tweeted a photo of the duo sharing a hug, writing, "OMG! I can't, I'm crying!" Despite the happy tears, this isn't Katy's first time encountering Britney, so to speak. She revealed at the premiere that she secretly sang background vocals on Britney's new single for the film, "Ooh La La." Katy said, "Me and [songwriter] Bonnie McKee secretly did some background vocals on that song. So maybe listen for our voices."
Katy Perry got personal about her relationships with Russell Brand and John Mayer in the July issue of Vogue, which hits newsstands on June 25. She donned sultry dresses to pose for famed photographer Annie Leibovitz for her photo spread and cover, but she revealed that her romantic life isn't quite as picture perfect as it would seem. Katy admits that her ex-husband, Russell Brand, told her he was seeking a divorce via text message, and also reveals that she is still in love with John Mayer. Read on for more from Katy Perry in Vogue.
- On her divorce from Russell Brand: "Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me December 31, 2011."
- On what caused their breakup: "I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can't necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like: This isn't because of me; this is beyond me. So I have moved on from that."
- On her on-again, off-again relationship with John Mayer: "I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him. . . . Beautiful mind, tortured soul."