When the cold weather sets in, there's nothing more enjoyable than sitting down to a hot brew and a slice of something sweet and home-made. This delicious chocolate ganache tart does just that; not only are you satisfying your sweet tooth with a healthy, natural alternative to refined, processed sugar and giving your immunity a healthy boost against seasonal bugs with micronutrient rich dose of manuka honey, it's also gluten- and dairy-free so almost everyone can have a slice!
- Ganache Filling
50 g coconut oil
200 g coconut cream
2 heaping tablespoons Manuka honey (this recipe uses Manuka Health honey)
20 g raw cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
10 g pistachios (For garnish)
- Tart Base
200 g ground almonds
1 small egg
Pinch of Salt
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 200°C/ 400°F/180 Fan and line an 8-inch loaf tin with parchment paper.
- For the tart base beat the egg, add to the ground almonds and a pinch of salt, then mix together until the ingredients come together into a ball.
- Put your dough into the pre-lined loaf tin and press it up the sides so it’s really compact. Aim for it to be about 1/2 cm thick and 1 inch high on the sides of the pan.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes until golden.
- Take the tart base out of the oven and leave to cool.
- While the tart base is cooling, melt the coconut oil on low heat in a pan and whisk in the coconut cream gradually until combined.
- Add in the Manuka honey, raw cacao powder, salt, and vanilla essence, and whisk until they're mixed in.
- Pour the ganache into the tart case carefully, taking care not to go over the sides of the crust, and put into the fridge for 2 hours until set.
- To finish, chop the pistachios and sprinkle over the top.
- 8 slices