Embarking on a healthy diet can be a tough test on your willpower, especially if you don't arm yourself with healthy alternatives to your favourite foods. While the idea of making a healthy pizza from scratch sounds like a lovely way to indulge, it's not quite as quick as ordering one from the takeaway. Luckily for you, Iskra Lawrence has found a way around that dilemma. Read on for the model's tasty flatbread pizza recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make.
Use parchment paper instead of foil to avoid the flatbreads sticking.
- 2 x 45g wholegrain (or gluten-free) pita breads
- 2 tablespoon of pesto
- 250 gram broccoli
- 1 courgette, sliced into ribbons
- 70 gram kale, shredded
- 200 gram cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 50 gram pitted kalamata olives
- 70 gram feta, crumbled
- 1 sprig mint, leaves picked, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Cut your broccoli into small florets, and then into thin slices before topping on the pizzas.
- Lay the wraps flat and spread each with a tablespoon of pesto. Add the broccoli, courgette, kale, beans, and olives, followed by salt and pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over both pizzas before placing them in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and top with freshly torn mint leaves to serve.
- 2 pizzas
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds