Cameron Diaz whipped up a summer salad that immediately gained Chrissy Teigen's seal of approval, and the recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare. The actress and new mom shared a video tutorial for her roasted corn and snap pea salad, and I'm going to need a huge bowl of this waiting for me in my kitchen ASAP, please. Made with just eight simple ingredients, the dish combines the sweetness of snap peas with crispy, roasted corn and salty feta for a side dish worthy of any BBQ or family dinner.
"Cameron Diaz can really cook," Chrissy said in a tweet on July 28. "I love watching her stories. [She] says actually informative cooking tips and her knife skills are great and embarrass me. I need more!" Read ahead to recreate the star's salad for yourself and find out just how long it takes to achieve the perfect amount of caramelization on each kernel of corn.
When the corn is roasting, you may need to top the skillet with a lid to prevent it from popping out of the pan.
- For the Salad:
1 ear of corn
A handful of snap peas
Crumbled feta cheese
- For the Vinaigrette:
1/2 medium-sized orange
1 clove of garlic
- In a small bowl, add some of the Champagne vinegar, olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice, salt, and 1 teaspoon of freshly grated garlic. Whisk the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Using a knife, remove all of the kernels from your ear of corn.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Roast the corn for about five minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all sides of the kernels are lightly toasted and slightly caramelized.
- Next, slice about five whole snap peas into rings and add them to a small bowl.
- Once the corn is fully roasted, add it to the bowl with the snap peas.
- Drizzle your preferred amount of vinaigrette over the peas and corn and use a spoon to combine.
- Top the salad with a generous sprinkle of feta cheese, and enjoy!
- Side Dishes
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds