Virtual happy hour just got spicy thanks to Trader Joe's! The store's new organic jalapeño limeade is what margarita dreams are made of, and any fans of spice are going to want to grab this ASAP during your next grocery run. The mix is just sweet enough and packs a little kick to wake up your taste buds in all the best ways.
This drink is simple to throw together and requires basic ingredients. The fresh mint leaves and lime juice also make it the perfect refresher to cool down with on a hot summer evening. And if mocktails are more your vibe, just omit adding the tequila for an equally delicious beverage. Keep reading for the full recipe. Cheers!
- 1 ounce (1 shot) tequila
4 ounces Trader Joe's jalapeño limeade
3 ounces raspberry lime seltzer (any seltzer works)
7-8 mint leaves
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 fresh lime (squeezed) + a slice for garnish
- Break up your mint leaves into the bottom of your drink shaker.
- Squeeze your lime, and muddle leaves a bit in the lime juice.
- Add your ice.
- Pour in your tequila, limeade, and seltzer plus a dash of cayenne (you can also add some fresh jalapeños for extra zing!).
- Shake it up, and pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and 2 mint leaves.
- Cocktails, Drinks
- 1 Drink
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
Product Credit: Trader Joe's Organic Jalapeño Limeade