No matter how much you or your partner may try to downplay it, celebrating your anniversary is a big deal. I don't care if you'recelebrating 50 years of marriage or your first six months with a situationship, you deserve to go big for your anniversary in whatever way that means to you.
For some of you, that might mean booking an all-inclusive holiday outside of the United States. For others of you, it might mean revisiting yourfirst-date spot and writing each other love notes. Either way, however you celebrate, you'll likely want to make sure to document the occasion on social media. (What else are you supposed to do with all those cute couple photos?)
Writing the perfect anniversary caption, however, is no easy feat. Especially if you want it to be funny, but also kind of serious, and maybe a little romantic, but also not like too-too romantic. So to help, we've curated a list of the best captions for an anniversary post. Whether you're looking for a one-year anniversary caption or a funny anniversary caption, we've got you.
Feel free to copy and paste these directly into your Instagram feed, or, use them as inspiration and make them sound more like you or your relationship. Right this way for the best captions for an anniversary.
Romantic Anniversary Captions
- "I said 'I do' then and I mean it even more now."
- "You make it easy to spend the rest of my life in love."
- "So this is love."
- "[Insert the amount of time you've been together] ❤️."
- "Happy anniversary to my person. You make my heart feel so full."
- "I love you with my full heart, and yet that love will only continue to grow the more years we spend together. Cheers to [the amount of time you've been with your partner]."
- "At every table, I'll save you a seat, lover."
Funny Anniversary Captions
- [If using a photo of you and your partner dressed up] "Reminded [your partner's name] why [he/she/they] fell in love with me so I can go back to wearing sweats the other 364 days of the year."
- "Cheers to my co-pilot, who somehow always manages to forget to tell me the exit we're supposed to take. Wouldn't have it any other way."
- "To my person, I'll always order you a large fry, even on the days you say you're not hungry."
- "Forever grateful for this love that reminds me I'm not perfect, but am pretty close to being so."
- "I promise to always love you, even when you use the wrong form of 'your' in a text."
- "Hey, look at us. Who would've thought?"
- "Siri, play 'I just had sex.'"
- [If using a photo of you and your partner cheers-ing or with a drink in hand] "Drunk in love."
Cheesy Anniversary Captions
- "All I've ever needed is your love."
- "So extremely in love with you."
- [If posting a photo of eating pizza with your partner] "I hope this isn't too cheesy, but I'm obsessed with our love."
- "I knew you would be it from the moment I met you."
- "I would find our love in any lifetime."
- "How wonderful life is while you're in the world."
- "Home is wherever I'm with you."