If you're planning a trip to Walt Disney World this Fall, you're in for a little more magic than usual. With so many new experiences opening starting in August, Disney is giving guests even more time in the parks with extra, Extra Magic Hours! They're for resort guests only, so the parks will be a lot less crowded during this time than they are during the regular day. They're also free to all guests as a benefit of staying at a Disney resort! Here's everything you need to know about extra, Extra Magic Hours at Disney in 2019.
- When do extra, Extra Magic Hours start? This new benefit will be offered every day from Sept. 1 through Nov. 2, 2019. They're available in addition to the regularly scheduled Extra Magic Hours, which you can find on Disney's park times calendar.
- What exactly are extra, Extra Magic Hours? These added park hours are in addition to Disney's already scheduled Extra Magic Hours at one park a day. Extra, Extra Magic Hours are only in the mornings at select Disney World parks.
- What parks are participating in extra, Extra Magic Hours? You can enjoy extra, Extra Magic Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom Park, and Disney's Animal Kingdom every day starting Sept. 1. Disney's Hollywood Studios will be open for extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m. daily, while Magic Kingdom Park and Disney's Animal Kingdom will be available from 7 a.m. until 8 a.m. daily. Epcot will not be participating in extra, Extra Magic Hours but will have their regularly scheduled Extra Magic Hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Is Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge included in extra, Extra Magic Hours? Yes! If you want to partake in building your own lightsaber or droid, this will most likely be the best time to do so with the smaller crowds. Do note that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge could still reach capacity during extra, Extra Magic Hours and could close to new guests.
- What if I'm not staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel? There are other non-Disney resorts that allow guests the benefit of extra, Extra Magic Hours. Those hotels are Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Shades of Green Resort, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, and Waldorf Astoria Orlando.