The New iPhone 13 Is Here, and Here Are 8 of the Coolest Features
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Time for an upgrade? Apple has unveiled the new iPhone 13 lineup, which includes the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max, all of which have some seriously impressive capabilities that'll make you want to upgrade immediately (whether you're squinting to read this through a cracked screen or just always looking for better cameras to up your IG game). The phone has a preorder date set for 17 Sept. and is slated to be available in stores on 24 Sept. For a full breakdown of the new iPhone's updates and features and how the iPhone 13 differs from previous models, keep reading.
- New Colours: The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini come in a variety of colours including pink, blue, Midnight, Starlight, and red. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come in Sierra blue, silver, gold, and graphite.
- Ceramic Shield: The new iPhones come with a ceramic shield on the front that's tougher than any smartphone glass. It's also water-resistant, so it's safe from all falls and spills.
- Dual-Camera System For the iPhone 13: The iPhone 13 and 13 Mini feature a new dual-camera system that features a wide camera sensor. It has a faster sensor and can capture more angles in every image. The camera also shows more detail in the dark areas of photos since it captures 47 percent more light than the cameras before it.
- New Camera Capabilities For the iPhone 13 Pro and Max: The iPhone 13 Pro and Max phones feature three cameras: the wide, ultra wide, and telephoto. The redesigned wide lens can take more detailed, better quality photos than ever. The wide camera also can take better night mode portraits since it has a wider aperture, faster sensor, and an all-new autofocus feature.
- Cinematic Mode For Videos: The iPhone 13 can shift focus from one subject to another, just like filmmakers do in movies. The cinematic mode creates depth effects and focus transitions to make every clip a masterpiece.
- Updated Front Camera: The front camera on the iPhone 13 is just as advanced as the back camera, and has features like cinematic, portrait, and night modes, as well as even more updates to existing features.
- More Storage: The iPhone 13 has storage capacity from 128 GB to 1 TB (!!) while the iPhone 12 maxes out at 256 GB. So moral of the story, don't stress about overdoing it on the photo and video front.
- More Battery Life: The iPhone 13 has an even faster performance speed, allowing you to do a lot more in a shorter amount of time. You can get up to two and half more hours of battery life on the iPhone 13 compared to other models.
Keep reading to see the new iPhone 13 models ahead, and preorder them starting on 17 Sept.