When you only have a half an hour to get in an awesome workout, try this six-move AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) workout. Personal trainer and fitness model Danielle Pascente, who you may recognise from POPSUGAR Fitness Instagram Live workouts, crafted this intense workout to target your entire body.
This is a mostly bodyweight workout, but you will need a sturdy bench, stool, or coffee table and one dumbbell. For the second move, the bench hop over, if you don't have a bench, just do it on the floor in a plank position. For the third exercise, the lunge hold with an overhead press, if you don't have a dumbbell, use a soup can or water bottle. This is a 30-minute workout, which may not seem super long, but Pascente said, "for an AMRAP [workout, it] genuinely feels like an eternity," but you'll feel so pumped and proud when you're done!
Danielle Pascente's 30-Minute AMRAP Workout
Equipment needed: a sturdy bench or coffee table and a medium-weight dumbbell.
Directions: Warm up with a few minutes of jumping jacks, brisk walking, or going up and down a flight of stairs 12 to 15 times. Set a timer for 30 minutes and complete as many rounds as possible of the six moves listed ahead with no rest between rounds — but of course, rest if you need to.
- Double squat walkout push-up: eight reps
- Bench hop over: 30 reps (one hop to the right counts as one rep, one hop to the left counts as one rep)
- Lunge hold with an overhead press: eight reps per side
- Burpee to alternating lateral plyo squat: 10 reps (each time you do a burpee and plyo squat in one direction counts as one rep)
- Roll-back explosive jump: eight reps (modification shown in video)
- Lateral walk to climber combo: eight reps (three lateral walks in one direction to four climbers counts as one rep)