Instead of reaching for one cleaner for this and another for that, this homemade and eco-friendly all purpose cleaner does a great job on just about anything. From dirty sinks to messy work surfaces, this homemade cleaner will leave things spotless with Borax substitute and deodorising lemon juice.
Borax is a natural grease-buster that also does double-duty as a disinfectant. It can be difficult to locate in the UK, but there is an easily accessible substitute by Dri-Pak that'll do the same job. The addition of vinegar breaks down bacteria, while hydrogen peroxide naturally cleans and shines. And this squeaky-clean concoction only costs pennies per bottle.
What You'll Need:
- 125 ml cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Borax or Borax substitute
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 500 ml hot water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Spring of rosemary (optional)
- Essential oil (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spray bottle
- Gather the ingredients needed for making the all-purpose cleaner.
- Measure and add the Borax (or substitute) to a mixing bowl, and cover with the hot water. Whisk until incorporated.
- Measure and add the hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and lemon to the bowl. Give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Use a spouted measuring cup to pour the cleaner into the spray bottle and top with a few drops of your favourite essential oil or a sprig of rosemary, which gives the all-purpose scrubber a slight scent. Now you're all set to spray on work surfaces or sinks and then wipe clean.
Check out our guide to DIY cleaning supplies for more ideas like this!