Following Día de los Muertos and two intense eclipses, one of which happened Halloween weekend, is the new moon in Scorpio with promises to begin anew. Scorpio's deep, dark waters are carrying us to the beginning of yet another moon cycle. It prepares us to manifest what we want to invite in the vast open spaces created during October's astrological events.
This is the time of year that really urges us to dig deep into the shadows of self and take a look at who we truly are and who we want to become. For some, there aren't many changes taking place. Just little ones that can have profound transformations. For others, the shadow work revealed a lot of necessary changes to create space where real manifestation can take place. Whichever category you fall into, change is inevitable with Scorpio, so it's best that we embrace it instead of trying to fight against it.
As scary as it may seem, change is one of the most necessary things in this human existence. It's evidence that we are absorbing the lessons given during our journey. No one is free of this. The obstacles and challenges we face are intended to awaken change within us. If not, we can expect to receive more obstacles and challenges until the lesson is learned.
Consider having a deep conversation with the universe during this moon cycle. Don't be shy. Ask for what you want and what you believe to be aligned with your purpose here. Think big and in bold, bright colours — the universe is listening.
When Is the 2023 New Moon in Scorpio?
The New Moon in Scorpio peaks at 4:27 a.m. ET on Monday, Nov. 13.
What Is the Meaning of the 2023 New Moon in Scorpio?
In keeping with the theme of change, ask yourself what alterations need to occur in your life. Are you seeking a soul mate? Good sex? Promising financial partnerships? Maybe the focus of your manifestations is more interpersonal, like self-mastery. These are all areas to consider when working with the Scorpio new moon.
Scorpio is ruled by Pluto, the planet of transformation, destruction, renewal, and karma. The eighth zodiac sign walks on the edge of a shadowy world, and when it is aligned with the new moon, it creates a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Scorpio rules power, as well as the misuse of power. If you desire a shift in how you use your personal power or how you respond to the power of others, ask the new-moon energy to help usher in a different perspective. If fear of abandonment is something you struggle with, you can set an intention under the Scorpio new moon to easily lift that from your life so you can create awareness of self-love and security.
In the matter of physical health, the areas of the body Scorpio rules include the bladder, the sexual organs, the colon, and the rectum. It also rules the area of PMS and menstruation. So if you struggle with difficult menstrual cycles, you can wish for total healing with the new moon in Scorpio.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say During November's New Moon in Scorpio?
Source, help me to see what greatness lives behind the shadowy lessons I am receiving. My wish is to learn fully from these lessons to elevate who I am and who I am becoming. I embrace and accept all parts of me and know that I am not striving for perfection. But in the pursuit of living my greatest life in alignment with my purpose, I pray to receive the guidance necessary to get me to the next phase of my journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With November's New Moon in Scorpio?
Death/Rebirth: Like Scorpio, the death and rebirth card of the tarot gives an understanding that in order to breathe new life into something, a death needs to occur. This is what we witness with the arrival of autumn to winter and the rebirth of spring.
Which Chakra Goes With November's New Moon in Scorpio?
Solar Plexus: Scorpio is associated with the third chakra, which governs self-identity.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For November's New Moon in Scorpio
- Florida Water
- sea salt
- palo santo
- rosemary, coriander, and lavender herbs
- geranium, marigold, or chrysanthemum flowers
- black or brown candle
- patchouli and ylang ylang essential oils
- amethyst, malachite, rose quartz, and citrine crystals
1. Begin by burning sage followed by palo santo in the area where you will perform your ritual baño. Allow the smoke to gently fill the space. Open any windows in and around the area to get the full effects of the spiritual cleanse.
2. Once you're done, you can begin filling your bathtub with warm water. Have all your ingredients nearby.
3. As the water rises in the tub, set your intention by speaking into the water or praying silently to yourself. You can even sing your intentions. Water has memory and will take your words and turn them into magic.
4. Next, add one to two cups of sea salt and mix it in with your hands until fully dissolved.
5. Continue setting your intentions and praying and singing as you add a few splashes of Florida Water and several drops of essential oils. Again, mix in with your hands.
6. Grab a few good handfuls of herbs and sprinkle them into the water. If you prefer a less messy option, you can simmer the herbs on your stovetop for 10 minutes, strain the water, allow it to cool, then add it to your bath water.
7. Then cover your baño with flower petals. Save some of the flowers to add to a vase and create a Scorpio new moon altar.
8. Grab your candle and crystals and place them near the vase. Set your intention and light the candle. If you wrote wishes down on a piece of paper, you can place the paper folded under the candle or vase.
9. Soak in your baño for 20 to 40 minutes as the light of the candle creates a mystical space for transformation. Allow yourself to air dry or towel dry with a light-coloured towel.