At Home: Hollow Hold
Gymnasts learn what a hollow position is very early in their training because it engages your core and is utilised in the uneven bars especially to maintain form.
- Begin on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended overhead.
- Actively press your lower back into the floor and draw your belly button into your spine.
- Inhale to slowly lift your shoulders, arms, and legs off the floor. Keep your hands and heels as low to the ground as possible, while still pressing your lower back into the floor. Maintain tight abs and glutes. It's OK to bend your knees if straight legs are too challenging.
- Hold for five to 30 seconds to complete one rep.
- For more intensity, try hollow body rocks.