Week 3 Overview
Equipment Needed For Week 3
- Yoga mat or soft surface
- A set of light free weights
- A set of medium free weights
Where I'm Working Out
Back in my living room, yet again . . . and yes, I'm still accompanied by my needy sidekick: my golden retriever, Stella. I'm using the Glow by POPSUGAR app on my Apple TV to turn my living room space into a tiny studio for one (I suppose two, counting Stella).
My Personal Goals
If you read my review from the first week, you may remember that one of my new year's resolutions was to get up earlier and have more energy. Another goal I set at the debut of my Glow journey: condition my body for a 10K I'm running at Disney World (T-minus one month until I'm running six miles!). Here's how all that's going:
- I'm getting up earlier. Typically, if I'm on a solid workout routine, my circadian rhythm tends to be more aligned as well. I'm so happy that my body is starting to get back in sync with an earlier rise time, and I'm feeling less sluggish, too! A win all around.
- My stamina is up. I took one additional workout class this week — a super intense barre class with a friend — and what would've usually kicked my butt felt lighter and easier. I was so proud! I also have been going on longer walks with my dog, and still feeling energized — and I did a 22,000-step day at Disneyland and didn't feel dead at the end. I think my stamina is really improving and I feel stronger, too!
- I feel good! I'm not too sore to keep going, and that (to me) is a seriously solid indicator that a program is going well. These short workouts — none more than 45 minutes — are challenging, but I'm not destroyed. I never feel too sore or tired from even the toughest ones.